CATIA Systems EngineeringDeveloping smart products has never been more challenging. Developers need an integrated systems engineering approach that enables them to manage the complete development process. Requirements engineering, systems architecture definition, detailed modeling and simulation of complex systems and the development of embedded software all need to be mastered in the context of the complete product.
CATIA Systems Engineering
- Category Mechanical Engineering
CATIA Systems Engineering integrates complex product behavior into the product definition, enabling a lifelike experience which predicts real world performance. With CATIA Systems Engineering, system architects, product engineers, designers and technical experts define both technical and business aspects. The RFLP approach (Requirements, Functional, Logical and Physical Design) upholds a full traceability during product development and product introduction. This helps shortening the gap between requirements analysis and the choice of the right solution.
Key benefits include
- Powerful , easy to use, multi-discipline modeling and simulation for systems engineering through a powerful open Modelica language
- Validation of the control systems against integrated ‘plant’ models
- Reduce the need for physical prototypes by using executable specifications
- Improve final product quality by the early testing of more design alternatives
- Formal system modeling and modular components promote reuse
- Formalize system safety requirements and assess them during each phase of the development process by building and simulating a formal system functional safety model
- Automatic generation of dependability models (Fault Tree, Event Sequences, System Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Common Cause Analysis)
- Perform system functional safety analysis studies to check compliance with certification authorities. Verify the architecture robustness by faults injection and by graphical simulation of system behavior
- Capitalize on systems knowledge through the re-use of components libraries.
- Definition of kinematic mechanisms allowing analysis and check in several simulation contexts for a high quality product
- Evaluate mechanisms with the ability to drive under-constrained systems early on